Our proposals for the Convatec Green Manufacturing Hub:
• Wind turbine and solar PV development to supply renewable energy for Convatec’s factory in Rhymney.
• Planned to consist of three wind turbines with a combined capacity of around 15MW, and 5MW of solar PV.
• A combined installed capacity of around 20MW.
• Turbines are a total height of up to 150 metres.
• Energy generated is likely to exceed the amount needed to power Convatec’s operations, providing a surplus for use in our Deeside factory and potentially local businesses and community organisations.
Caring for the community
We are therefore committed to working with the local community to develop a scheme alongside the development that can deliver meaningful long-term community benefit. This would be in the form of a community fund of around £75,000 a year, in addition to us working with the community to identify local energy supply options for other businesses and community organisations.
Therefore, the planning application will need to be submitted to Planning and Environment Decisions Wales (PEDW), that will make recommendations to the Welsh Government about whether to give our plans the go ahead.
A decision will then be made by Welsh Ministers.